- Responsible for abstracting & coding inpatient medical records as per ICD 9-CM and ICD-10-CM, UHDDS, and compliance coding guidelines
- Review patient histories, operations, chart reviews, consultation and discharge summaries to support codes selected for billing
- Code and review 22-25 inpatient charts on a daily basis with 98% quality
- Query the physician regularly for clarifications in the inpatient medical record document
- Utilize ICD-9 CM and/or ICD-10 CM to select the diagnosis-related group (DRG) assignments for each case
- Review appropriate provider documentation to determine principal diagnosis, co-morbidities and complications, secondary conditions and surgical procedures
- Assign present on admission (POA) value for inpatient diagnoses
- Identify mistakes in reports
- Enter coding information into electronic billing system
- Attend client calls if require along with supervisor
- Research on inpatient coding updates and guidelines
Inpatient Coder Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year experience in inpatient coding
- 1 – 2 years experience in respective IP domain –with sound domain knowledge
- Good understanding & knowledge on clinical indicators, physician-raising query, POA indicators, hospital-acquired conditions, MDC, MS-DRG assignment, selection of principal and secondary diagnoses, CC, MCC conditions, etc.
- Trained on IPPS rules and guidelines
- Thorough knowledge in ICD-9 official & UHDDS coding guidelines
- Proficiency in MS Office, Hospital Information Management System
- CCS, CIC, inpatient coding certification is an added advantage
- Logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
About GeBBS Healthcare Solutions
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is a leading offshore provider of revenue cycle management (RCM) and health information management (HIM) solutions. Our in-depth healthcare industry expertise enables us to provide end-to-end solutions to successfully resolve our clients’ billing challenges, while embracing their overall business operations. GeBBS delivers a world-class infrastructure of highly skilled professionals, robust processes, and proprietary workflow engines. This makes us an ideal partner for our clients.
We provide strategic outsourcing solutions to medical billing companies and healthcare providers. By leveraging our people, processes and technology, we enable clients to reduce operating and capital costs, recover revenue, improve patient satisfaction, and increase productivity. With a current staff of over 4,000 professionals, GeBBS is an eight-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.