GeBBS Healthcare Solutions, an industry leader in Health Information Management (HIM) and Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions, is seeking highly motivated individuals with a passion for excellence & collaboration, for careers in the healthcare industry.
Job Title: Risk Adjustment Retrieval Agent
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is adding a Risk Adjustment Retrieval Agent to join our team in the Milwaukee Area! This is a contract role anticipated to commence as soon as qualified applicants are identified. The Risk Adjustment Retrieval Agent will work closely with the Director of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for visiting healthcare provider offices for various chart reviews, offering various retrieval methods such as EMR Remote Download, Paper Collection/Review, and Onsite visits
- Prepares, sends, and receives correspondence externally and internally for various projects
- Daily reporting of project productivity and activity is expected
- Coordinate with Risk Adjustment Specialists and Supervisors to ensure schedules are being met and reviews completed timely. Communicate schedule changes and appointment updates to both call center and provider office
- Field work consists of secure collection of medical record information from provider offices and other healthcare facilities. Retrieval methods consists of scanning, electronic transfer, access to EMRs (Electronic Medical Record) and ability to export required information safely in acceptable formats
- At times assist team in handling complaints and escalations by researching, documenting and identifying the best outcomes and solutions to meet provider needs
- Flexible. Can work across multiple projects, deadlines, and client requirements
- Assist with additional special assignments and projects including UAT testing, training support, equipment distribution
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources in cross- training, coaching and development of new hires during hiring, pre-boarding, onboarding, and termination phase
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, providers, and GeBBS corporate staff
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates or Certification or equivalent job- related experience.
- 3+ years of Healthcare office/customer service/call center or administration experience required
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and handling confidential information following strict HIPAA and PHI Guidelines.
- Strong experience with various EMR/EHR platforms
- Must be able to use various devices such as scanners, flash drives, and secure data transfer tools necessary to complete the work.
- Must have excellent time management skills, be highly organized, self-motivated, and be able to work under strict timelines with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Reliable transportation necessary to travel to appointments within a 35-mile radius of residence when working locally.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, remain flexible, and be able to adapt to shifting priorities; Maintain a high level of productivity and confidentiality
- Excellent customer service, sales, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to follow through timely on calls, tasks and projects is essential
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
GeBBS is an equal opportunity employer and believes in creating a supportive and diverse workplace. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, the Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate. Learn more about GeBBS Healthcare Solutions