Hospital Coding Services Companies Provide Key Services for Improved Performance
Efficient Hospital Coding Services Make a Difference in Patient Care
Many U. S. hospitals are seeing the need to change their Emergency Departments (EDs). Nationwide, the number of freestanding emergency departments surged from 62 percent from 2009 to 2015. This new competition has competing hospitals adjusting. In response, they are researching new service lines, analyzing internal operations for potential cost savings, and even opening competing freestanding EDs.
All of this detracts attention from the pursuit of their core mission, which is patient satisfaction and patient outcome.
Hospital self-analysis includes its medical coding efficiency and effectiveness. One South Carolina hospital underwent an audit of their ED coding and discovered that they were not coding claims high enough for the services provided. Correcting this problem is expected to increase annual hospital revenue by approximately $100,000.
Hospital coding services is one component of a robust HIM program, however, it is the linchpin in the entire process. With efficient outsourced hospital coding services, hospitals can realize:
- Increased code compliance – An experienced, outsourced hospital coding services company can recognize coding rule changes that can result in missed revenue opportunities, something particularly valuable in the era of ICD-10.
- Increased coding accuracy – Outsourced hospital coding services can reduce the chances of errors in coding, which can affect not only charge and collection amounts, but also costly management time as well.
- Increase coding throughput and cash flow – Hospital coding services are often responsible for restoring healthy cash flow due to prompt accurate filings and decreased accounts receivable days.
- Reduced DNFB accounts – One key reason for increased DNFB accounts is the lack of qualified coders. Outsourced coding services provide experienced coders who receive training updates as often as needed.
- Optimized reimbursement – Hospital coding services understand the nuances of codes and how to properly code to meet the specificity requirements of ICD-10. They support increased reimbursements, and enhanced revenue cycle management.
The bottom line is that hospital coding services help improve the overall financial health of the facility while preserving high standards of patient care.
Patients, providers, and payors benefit from outsourced healthcare coding services
Trust the Hospital Coding Services Experts
Founded in 2005, GeBBS Healthcare Solutions provides experienced and trusted hospital coding services with an attention to detail that can enhance revenue cycle management and allow more attention to the core missions within the facility. Our hospital coding services clients benefit from:
- 10+ years of hospital and provider experience
- A network of over 4,000 experienced industry professionals
- Corporate security certifications: SSAE 16 Type II, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, and ISO 9001:2008
- Coding over 5 million charts monthly
- Real-time dashboard reporting via GeBBS’ proprietary SaaS technology
- A client-centered focus on achieving maximum coding accuracy through continuous improvement of our people and technology
By leveraging our people, processes, and technology, GeBBS’ hospital coding services clients reduce operating and capital costs, recover revenue, improve patient satisfaction, and increase productivity. Most important, healthcare providers see improved job satisfaction due to a reduction in their administrative and internal management duties.
For more information on how GeBBS can become your strategic hospital coding services partner, call (888) 539-4282 or click here to contact us online.