The GeBBS state-of-the-art call center handles healthcare inquiries resulting in 40% average cost savings per call and over 75% first-call resolution.
Client: Billing company specializing in cardiology and orthopedic surgery.
- Large volume of incoming calls
- Extremely high staff turnover, causing:
- Inadequate staffing
- Large volume of calls abandoned
- Wait-times in excess of 12 minutes during peak hours
- Dissatisfied patients complaining to providers
- Loss of two clients due to high volume of patient complaints
The GeBBS Solution
The GeBBS state-of-the-art call center in Manila, Philippines handles healthcare inquiries exclusively. It offers the up-to-date infrastructure needed to handle heavy call traffic and manage call volume peaks and valleys with ease. Experienced healthcare billing staff provides quick resolution to patient issues and queries.
Highlights of the solution include:
- Detailed study of the client’s call patterns, conducted by GeBBS transition managers, including a “reason for call” analysis to identify automation opportunities
- Implementation of an interactive voice response (IVR) to handle simple queries such as balance inquiry and statement requests
- Implementation of a patient portal to automate credit card payments
- Flex-staffing to manage peaks and valleys in call volumes
- Staffing analysis using Erlang-C model
- Extended operating hours to manage all U.S. time zones with live operators and an after-hours voice mail system
Implementation of a real-time call management and reporting solution
- Over 400 experienced patient call center agents
- Scalable GeBBS-owned infrastructure with capacity to handle 10,000+ calls/day
- 40% average cost savings per call (from $2.35 to $1.40)
- Over 75% first-call resolution
- 3% abandon rate
- 85% of calls answered within 20 seconds
- Average speed-of-answer, under 5 seconds
- Improved SLA performance
- 85% of calls answered within 20 seconds, improvement from 63%
- Abandon rate decreased from 18% to 3%
- Average speed-of-answer decreased from 93 seconds to under 5 seconds
- 40% reduction in operating costs per call
- Zero patient complaints with numerous appreciation emails
GeBBS staff members undergo rigorous training to prepare them to handle any patient call. GeBBS delivers a scalable solution that helps drive patient satisfaction and increase overall patient collections.