Efficient medical coding services improve your bottom line
Medical coding services: For the health of the business
Today’s health care providers are challenged with oversight and regulation that many are considering changing specialties, going to work at a hospital or other medical facilities, or leaving medicine altogether: 57 percent of doctors in a recent national survey said their feelings about the medical profession are either somewhat or very negative, while 40 percent indicated that medicine has changed enough to cause them to accelerate their retirement plans.
Other providers, however, determined to preserve the dream career, have become astute businesspeople that can read a profit-loss statement as easily as they can read the digital images of a CT scan. Among their workarounds is the outsourcing of non-patient-centered duties to reliable third-party entities.
At or near the top of the list of outsourcing possibilities are medical coding services.
Medical Coding Companies to the Rescue
Outsourced medical coding services offer physicians and medical enterprises the opportunity to trade primary oversight and responsibility for an essential administrative service for the lure of increased patient time, and thus, increased job satisfaction and quality of life. That’s because they no longer have to spend the time managing a person or people to accomplish what can be done externally, usually with greater efficiency and better results.
Outsourcing medical coding services have become standard for many healthcare enterprises
Engaging a medical coding services company means:
- Increased code compliancy – Coding rule changes can result in missed revenue opportunities, something particularly valuable in the era ofICD-10.
- Increased coding accuracy – The chances of errors in coding are enormous and can affect not only charge and collection amounts, but also costly management time as well.
- Increase coding throughput and cash flow – Medical coding services are often responsible for restoring healthy cash flow due to prompt accurate filings and decreased accounts receivable days.
- Reduced DNFB accounts – One key reason for increased DNFB accounts is the lack of qualified coders.
- Optimized reimbursement – Medical coding services understand the nuances of codes and how to properly code to meet the specificity requirements of ICD-10.
It is these benefits, and many others, that improve the overall health of the medical enterprise while preserving high standards of patient care.
Trust the medical coding services experts
Founded in 2005, GeBBS Healthcare Solutions provides experienced and trusted medical coding services for a diverse assortment of healthcare enterprises. Our clients benefit from:
- 10+ years of hospital and provider experience
- A network of over 4,000 experienced industry professionals
- Corporate security certifications: SSAE 16 Type II, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, and ISO 9001:2008
- Coding over 5 million charts monthly
- Real-time dashboard reporting via GeBBS’ proprietary SaaS technology
- A client-centered focus on achieving maximum coding accuracy through continuous improvement of our people and technology
By leveraging our people, processes, and technology, GeBBS clients reduce operating and capital costs, recover revenue, improve patient satisfaction, and increase productivity. Most important, healthcare providers see improved job satisfaction due to a reduction in their administrative and internal management duties.
For more information on how GeBBS can become your strategic medical coding services partner, call (888) 539-4282 or click here to contact us online.